Glory to God!
On Good Friday we filled our rooms in L60 as we met for a time of fellowship, worship, communion and a short devotional that reflected on the cross. Christ's death on the cross reveals the depth of God's unconditional and sacrificial love for mankind. We considered how God does not just say that He loves us (Jer 31:3; Jn 15:9) or just show us His love (Jn 1:14; 17:26) but that He sacrifices Himself to demonstrate the extent of His unconditional love (Rom 5:8; 1 Jn 4:9,19)! We noted how true love sacrifices itself to meet the need of another and how God calls us to love one another in the same way He loves us (1 Jn 4:11).
On Sunday we celebrated the greatest day in history - the day Jesus rose from the dead! After a powerful time of worship and communion, Richard shared a message entitled, "Arise for He is risen!" Looking at Paul's letter to the Romans chapter 1, verses 1 to 6, we noted the following:
The revelation of a changed life. Rom 1:1; Phil 3:8
- Paul's description of himself and his calling reveal a radically changed life from the life he lived prior to his encounter with the risen Lord.
- Jesus' death and resurrection was prophesied, demonstrated and declared!
- A life through Christ: because He lives and empowers us
- A life for Christ: because He is Lord of all
- A life anointed: because the Anointed One lives within us
- A life appointed: because all authority has been given to Him
- A life of faith: because He is risen from the dead
- A life of obedience: because He has overcome sin and death
- A life of belonging: because we are included in Him
Upcoming meetings and events
Tuesdays from 19:00 - 21:00: Bible Study - a journey through the letter to the Romans at Leipziger Str.60 (L60)
Fridays from 7:00 - 8:00: Prayer Meeting at L60
23.04. at 17:00: Church meeting - a time of worship, an opportunity to get to know pastors Julius and Roszel Regala (Kingdom Life Butuan) and a time of fellowship and food (potluck) afterwards at Eastsite 15.
24.04. from 15:30 - 17:00: Church with the Homeless in Frankfurt under the Friedensbrücke (no meeting at Eastsite 15 on this day).
04.06.,03.09., 03.12.: Welcome Coffee from 15:00 - 17:00 at L60
Post a Comment