Glory to God!
The Lord has been speaking to us about resonating the sound of heaven and yesterday God spoke to us about resonating His love on earth as it is in heaven. Looking at 1 John 4:16 and 17, the Lord showed us the following:
Salvation and love.
- God is love. The essence of God is love. 1 John 4:16
- Salvation is union with God through Christ. 1 John 5:11,12
- The believer has received fullness in Christ and therefore fullness of love. Col. 2:9,10; 1 John 4:16
- The believer's new nature in Christ is love. Gal. 5:22
- Love is the evidence of the believers union with God. 1 John 4:15; John 13:34,35
- The believer can have confidence on the day of judgment if he continues to walk in love. 1 John 4:17
- The believer is called to be like Christ was and is. 1 John 2:6; 4:17
- As the believer bears the fruit of love, he resonates God's love in heaven on earth. 1 John 4:17
God loves you!
- The Church needs revelation of the love of God in order to love as He does. Eph. 3:16-19; John 17:26; 1 John 4:19
- God loves you! John 3:16; Rom. 5:8; 8:38,39; 1 John 3:1; 4:16,17
The fruit of love
- The fruit of the knowledge of the love of God will be the following:
- Discipline will change to desire. Psalm 27:4
- Your highest goal will be love. 1 Cor. 14:1; Col. 3:12-14
- You live in love. 1 John 4:16
- You bear the fruit of love. Gal. 5:22
- Christ's love compels you. 2 Cor. 5:14; John 13:14,15
God pursues you!
- God not only loves us - He pursues us!
- He calls us. Gen. 3:9; 1 Cor. 1:9
- He seeks us. Luke 15:20; Rom. 10:21; John 4:23
- He longs for us. Song of Songs 2:14
- He is jealous for our affection. James 4:5
- He desires us. Psalm 45:11
We praise God for His awesome revelation to us and for filling us afresh with His love.
In the evening we ministered to the poor and needy in Frankfurt as we shared the love of God with them, feeding them and caring for them.
Quote of the week:
"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him."
1 John 4:16,17
Post a Comment