We are so encouraged! Yesterday's meeting was very powerful! The children kicked the worship off by spontaneously chanting, "Jesus, Jesus, King of kings and Lord of lords" and we very quickly moved into a time of powerful worship and declaration of Jesus' victory and power over all the work of the enemy. We sensed God giving us significant breakthrough as we submitted to Him, proclaimed His truth over our lives, and resisted the enemy (James 4:7,8). Hallelujah!
The Lord is teaching us to pray and we're learning to go to new levels in communion with God. Yesterday the Lord gave us a checklist for effective prayer as Alexander Blair shared the following:
As we approach God in prayer we need to ask ourselves certain questions to ensure that there are no hindrances to our prayers being answered:
- Do I have unconfessed sin in my life? Psalm 66:18; 2 Sam. 21:1-14; 1 John 1:9
- Am I continuing to "practice evil deeds"?
- Am I listening for God's correction in my life? Prov.28:9; 1 Sam. 13:1-15
- Do I have a clear conscience when asking in prayer? 1 John 3:21; 5:14,15
- Am I praying with faith and believing that God will answer my prayer? Mark 11:23,24
- Does God's Word abide in me or is God's Word just a visitor? John 15:7; Ps. 37:4
- What does my prayer life reveal about my attitude toward God? Do I treat the Lord like a spouse, a mistress or even a concubine?
- Am I in right relationship with those around me? John 15:12
- Am I walking in forgiveness? Mark 11:25; 2 Cor. 2:10,11
- Is there harmony in my marriage? As a husband, am I living with my wife in an understanding way? Am I honouring her? 1 Peter 3:7
- Am I praying in the Spirit? Eph.6:18; Jude 20
- Have I asked the Holy Spirit to help me with my weakness in praying? Rom. 8:26
- Am I yielding to the Holy Spirit?
- If I am unsure of God's will in a matter, am I nevertheless committed to God that I want His will done, regardless of what it is? Rom. 8:26-28
- Do I always pray in Jesus' name? John 14:13,14; 16:23
- Am I praying according to God's will as revealed in His Word or by His Spirit?
- Am I asking with correct motives? James 4:3
- Is my desire to "seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness?" Mt. 6:33
- Have I shared my blessings with those less fortunate than I am or am I being stingy? Prov.21:13
We are excited to have Suzette Hattingh minister to us this Sunday and we are looking forward to having Mike and Kay Chance with us from the 20 - 22 March for our KLF Training Days. Preparations for this year's Faith Camp are also being made and we are working toward getting all of KLF to attend this dynamic week in August in Peterborough, England!
Quote of the week:
"Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him." 1 John 3:21,22